The latest trend when cooking eggs is fluffy cloud eggs. They taste amazing and are very easy to bake. If you are a vegan, leave off the cheese.
Eggs have become a big staple for me, particuly because of the running. The are nutrious and full of protein.
I also like my eggs with a runny yolk but firm white regardless to whether they are poached, fried, boiled or baked. If you like a firmer yolk, cook these for 12 minutes.
- 1 free range egg
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 small handful of grated cheese
- Seasoning (pinch of salt and pepper)
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 180c fan. Separate the yolk from the white. Make sure you keep the yolk whole.
- 2 Whisk the whites until they form stiff peaks.
- 3 Lightly toast the bread.
- 4 Place the bread on a baking sheet. Put 3/4 of the white on top of the bread. Make a well and add the yolk full. Now top off with the rest of the white and seal in the yolk.
- 5 Season the egg and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 8 minutes or longer.